Thursday, August 10, 2006

Rapid City heat wave

Welcome to those of you who have been following the story so far. Temperatures here in South Dakota are soaring. Weather predictions are for figures in the high 90s or even 100F with a 20% chance of thunderstorms. Have seen several of these and they come up quick. So far haven't been caught in one. Sorry for the lack of pictures. Having a few technical problems getting pics transferred from camera to computer. Will try harder. Some of the girls at Sturgis have to be seen to be believed! See me back in the UK for a private viewing.


Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

The price of Harley accessories for the bike are so much cheaper over here. You pay the same number in US dollars that you would pay back in the UK in pounds. Naturally I've added one or two bits of chrome while I'm here. Haven't done much sightseeing yet. Too many bikers clogging up all the best roads. Will save that for next week when the rally has finished and everyone has gone home. Off to work on my photo collection!

6 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

...still waiting for news about the little pink number...
Ride safe

9:43 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I thought you were supposed to be some sort of techno-whiz! How disappointing that your can't work your lovely new camera. Try reading the instructions...

9:48 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

those are quite some women!

10:11 am  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

You added some lovely pictures and I sent you three pictures and the 4th picture was a duplicate. They are pictures of your start to Sturgis with another biker (Chuck). Keep on treking! from your distant cousin.

2:54 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Seems like you are having a cracking time. What do you meen you haven't been sightseeing yet, the pictures tell a different story. Enjoy yourself, we are all following your adventure at HA. Raz

4:41 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I heard about your blog from your niece, who happens to be one of my coursemates. I'm from Rapid City, living in Glasgow. I miss the rally this year, but I'm glad you're enjoying yourself. You picked a good time to be in the hills. I hope the weather hasn't treated you too bad and you've gotten to see all that you wanted to see. Hope you didn't get mixed up with the Hell's Angels/Outlaws feud as I hear that got pretty rough.

I have enjoyed reading your blog. Thank you for letting me see home from a foreign perspective. Save travels!

7:26 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home