Saturday, August 19, 2006

Farewell Rapid City

Sadly my stay in the Black Hills of South Dakota is coming to an end, but I rounded off the visit in style by visiting Murphys Bar in downtown Rapid City in the company of Ed Slater, a fellow biker. We shared a cab to and from the bar and Ed was kind enough to introduce me to the delights of shots of tequila washed down with a Guinness or two. My thanks to Ed for his company, his good conversation and his guidance on the various varieties of tequila. His tip for preventing a hangover worked as well!

I dropped the Harley off at the Black Hills HD dealership where it will be collected and shipped back to the UK. My next stop is Chicago where I plan to spend a few days shopping and sightseeing before returning to the UK and getting back to work so that I can clear my credit card debts. But my odyssey isn't over yet, so come back and visit my blog over the next week for more news.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

God Speed! I think all are awaiting your return to England. I really enjoyed your travel journal and the beautiful pictures. It was a pleasure to meet you. Chuck and I both wish you well. Loved talking with Ann. Soul Searching is always an art of Zen. Mary d

7:59 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

It has been really great to be able to keep in touch with all your adventures Terry.
Hope your hand luggage complies with the new safety legislation..
Stay safe. Looking forward to seeing you soon.
Love, hugs & kisses
Sandy

8:32 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

So are you coming back with a beard and a ponytail after doing shots in a biker bar???

Really looking forward to seeing you at the weekend and hearing all about your adventures

Love

Flo x x

5:54 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home